Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: 3

Problems regarding connecting to blackberry world

I will try to explain this as best as possible

I recently got a 9300 curve on the network '3', when for a browser I use their's; so 'favourites' or 'planet 3' I lose connection to blackberry world (the little blackberry icon on the top right disappears)  and im no longer able to bbm or connect to blackberry app world or use the browser. To get the little blackberry symbol back in the top right hand corner I usually have to click on the browser app - and let it load back and usually it then reconnects and im able to use bbm etc. But as soon a I use the '3' browsers i lose that connection and have to repeat the whole process over and over again.

Im aware a possible fix would be to just get rid of the 3 browser apps and simply use the blackberry ones but id prefer to try and have it so I can use everything the phone comes with

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Problems regarding connecting to blackberry world

When you use the Planet  3 or Favourites browser they connect straight to 3's servers rather than via RIMs so you can access your account details etc without logging on, hence why BIS drops and then reconects when you stop using them.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: 3

thanks for explaining

is there anyway to stop it doing this (since sometimes it has problems connecting back to BIS) - id prefer for it not to drop out at all

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

If you want to connect the any of Three's own websites (account details, planet 3 home page etc) then no - I guess to be able to recognise your phone as a Three phone it needs to connect directly to their servers rather than via Three. The same reason you cant access the Three home page when only connected to wifi or roaming on orange.

From my understanding all 3 of the browsers are the same - the Favourites and Planet 3 are just shortcuts to the Three items, so if you dont want to disconnected from BIS use the main browser.