Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Problems sending e-mails from my Blackberry Curve 9300

Hello, I would be most grateful if someone could advise me about a solution to the problem i am experiencing sending e-mails from my phone.

I have phoned T-mobile support but they were unable to resolve.

In the first instance when i clicked on the e-mail icon it only displayed my text messages and not my incoming e-mails. I did resolve this with the help of T-mobile by removing the Sim and battery and removing and setting up the e-mail account again.

My E-mail account is a yahoo account.

I can now only receive and view my e-mails but i cannot send any and when i try  the following happens:

"NO MESSAGE SERVICES CONFIGURED YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE SETUP WIZARD"

when i click OK  I get directed to "SELECT THE TYPE OF EMAIL ACCOUNT TYPE"

I then have the option:

INTERNET MAIL ACCOUNT

SETUP OR CREATE A NEW BLACKBERRY EMAIL ACCOUNT

when i click on this i get taken to EMAIL SETUP, EXISTING USERS

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL SETTINGS OR YOU CHANGED YOUR DEVICE, LOG IN.

i then have to enter my USERNAME and PASSWORD  for my e-mail account, and the following message is displayed:

THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED IS INCORRECT. RETYPE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD. YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CASE SENSITIVE.

The problem is that firstly i don't understand why I am getting a message saying "NO MESSAGE SERVICES CONFIGURED YOU WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE SETUP WIZARD", when there clearly is a message service setup on the device otherwise i would not be able to receive the e-mails.

Secondly why am i getting the message

THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED IS INCORRECT. RETYPE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD. YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CASE SENSITIVE. , when I know the username and password for my e-mail account are correct.

Please advise.

Many thanks for your time.

Andrew.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Problems sending e-mails from my Blackberry Curve 9300

Hello !

At times due to lack of BlackBerry server connectivity as well, it shows you the error "THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED IS INCORRECT. RETYPE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD".

So untill and unless it is accepted at Setup Wizard, your mails wont be recieved/sent through any of your email account.

Keep trying again and again, or else if you still facing problem with your Netwrok Server then also try connecting your BalckBerry Smartphone via WiFi and give an attempt to connect to your email server.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Thankyou very much for the suggestion, but unfortunately it has not resolved the problem, i would be grateful if someone else could help?

thankyou.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instrucitons:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, firstly many tanks for trying to help me, I have done up to stage 3)

and have been sent an e-mail from blacberry confirming my handheld has been registered to the wireless network.

I dont know how to:

3) Resend Service Books: KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Please help.

Thankyou.

New Contributor

thankyou so much, seems now to be working

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code