Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: China Mobile

Problems sending to one BBM Contact

I have read several threads on this forum and on other websites with people having the same issue as I, but have yet to read of a definite solution.  So here it is again.....

I have one BBM contact from whom I can receive messages but when I try to reply or send a message to this one contact, I only get the check mark, No "D" or "R" for that matter and my contact does not receive the message.  We have both tried, reboots, battery pulls, deleting and re-adding each other as a contact and it hasn't worked or changed anything.  In addition I have tried to send this contact a PIN message, which also does not get delivered.  Both of us have no other issues sending or receiving messages to any other of our contacts.

I'm using a Bold 9780.

Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Problems sending to one BBM Contact

Is the firewall enabled on either device?

Are both of you using the latest version of BBM?  Not sure why the pin messages aren't going through.

You guys are on different carriers?  Are any of your other contacts on the same carrier? (testing purposes)

I have a feeling you'll have to contact RIM on this, its strange.

Thanks for your reply.

There is no firewall on either device.

We are on the same version of BBM.  Many of my other contacts are on the same service provider as this one particular contact as they all work for the same company and are using company supplied blackberrys.

Can you suggest the easiest and/or best way to contact RIM which this issue?

Thanks again.

Forums Veteran III

oh!  You said company supplied blackberrys.  i wonder if there is something wrong with the IT policy if there is one on that device.  Your contact could try a software reload if possible

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14202

Method 4

They should be able to route you to the right team, but check for that policy first!

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/11/blackberry-it-policy/

Thanks again Wolf.

We can look into the IT Policy but I would think it would be the same on all the devices for that company and there is no issue with other employee's devices.  I should also mention that I was able to send messages to this contact with no issues for more than 4 years now and then suddenly this issue came up.

As I also mentioned earlier I am not the only person who has come across this particular issue as I have read about it on this and other forums but with no clear solution.

Cheers.

Forums Veteran III

There is a chance that the policy is somehow messed up on that one phone.  Thats my best guess.  Keep us posted.