Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problems syncing with Outlook

Hi, I have a Curve & am running Windows XP and am having problems syncing with Outlook - everything is fine except contacts syncing from Outlook to the Blackberry.....it used to work fine but I had a problem with the laptop which had to go back to the manufacturer. When I got it back, I reinstalled the desktop software & it hasn't synced properly since. I have tried everything including ensuring that the sync works both ways under the synchronisation settings. Would be grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Problems syncing with Outlook

can you detail what happens exactly?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the note. the sync operation takes place as normal, it's just that the contacts don't sync...nothing appears to say that there is a problem. the synchronization is configured correctly (i.e. 2 way) but it's just not working.

thanks in advance 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

in Outlook, where are your contacts?
in the Contacts folder or in a subfolder?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

I am also having a sync issue.  It just started yesterday.  I've done everything I can find to do and it won't work.  It brings up the changes to accept them in the calendar and then when it starts to go through the update to make the changes, it stops and Microsoft shuts the entire Blackberry Manager program down.  I have to get this fixed!!  If you have a solution, please share it.  Thanks!
New Contributor

Hi, they're in the contacts folder.
New Contributor

Hi, I've just had a look at the contacts folder & noticed that the contacts that aren't syncing have a tick box in the 'journal' column - i tried checking this box & syncing but it didn't make any difference. Those that do not have a tick box in the journal column sync OK.

Hope that helps & thanks again.