Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Problems with BB ID and App World

I have been having a lot of problems with my BB Bold 9780 (6) recently - when trying to connect to App World, I am told that a BB ID update is needed, but when I try to install it, it fails and tells me to try again later (and this has been happening for days!).  I have tried the 3 workarounds that I found in KB29613, but nothing helped.  I have also carried out a factory re-set and a clean restore, but again no joy.

I was reading another article earlier - KB29300 - and thought I would try this and delete "Blackberry Identity" from my list of applications and then re-download.  However, I found that "Blackberry Identity" does not appear in my list of applications.  Could this be causing me my issues with App World, and - if so - how can I resolve it?

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: cell c

Re: Problems with BB ID and App World

Try deleting the blackberry ID at the core in application menu and restart the phone and install it again this will fix the prob definitely your friend JoKeR911