Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Zain Kuwait

Problems with BBM on torch but not on curve

Hi

I have a torch 9800 and an old curve 8900. My BBM on the torch keeps lagging and the messages either don't reach the recepient or it reaches her/him hours later.

I've been facing these issues for a while but they always resolve after a few hours. However, this time it has been continuoius for over 2 days.

I took my SIM card and out it in my old curve and the BBM worked perfectly with absolutely no problems.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to solve it? I didn'tdownload any new software or drop my phone or do anything that I think might affect it. It used to work just fine before that even after upgrading to BBM v6 so i know it's not the problem.

All help is appreciated.

Thank You

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problems with BBM on torch but not on curve

Step 1, remove your battery while your phone is powered on.

Step 2, resend your service books following the instructions in the following article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Step 3, once you've resent the service books, remove your battery as in step 1.

Step 4, report your progress (or lack of) to us.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

nope, still having problems

BBM sends half my messages on time and the rest are delayed Smiley Sad

I don't think it's a hardware problem because it used to work fine and nothing happened to the device to trigger this as far as I know

It might be a software problem, but again I haven't downloaded anything to trigger this

It can't be a problem with the network because BBM worked fine on the curve

P.S. A few days after I got my phone it suddenly stopped working and it wasn't even registered with the Blackberry servers. I contacted my carrier and they sorted it out with RIM at the time. I don't think it's related but I couldn't explain why it did that

I'm really at a loss here. I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it :/

New Contributor

I've tried all of these and nothing worked

1- registering my device again with the network

2- send the service books

3- battery pull

4- restart device

5- Go back to factory settings

6- uninstall and reinstall BBM

7- change memory card (I know it has nothing to do with it, but I tried anyway)

8- connect only on wifi

9- connect only on 2G

10- connect only on 3G

11- connect on 2G and wifi

12- connect on 3G and wifi

13- add myself on BBM and PING myself when it lags

14- politely ask the phone to ccoperate

15- threaten the phone and call it names

16- keep it off for hours

17- contact my carrier

New Contributor

If anyone's facing the same problem..

I went to sleep and woke up the next day with everything working normally, but other people on my list where experiencing the same thing.

So just wait and it'll resolve. It'sprobably a problem with RIMs servers. We've been having a lot of those lately :/

My Device: BB 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Movistar Peru

I have been a BB user for a number of years and very happy with the overall function of my phones. The carrier Movistar Peru has it's problems from time to time but overall I would give it a B rating. 

I used the BB9700 for some time with great success, but I decided to switch to the Torch 9800, what a mistake. The phone is quirky, unreliable and it is an overall gigantic disappointment. So much so I am considering going to the Samsung Galaxy SII.........I have a contract for one year with my BB, but it is such a bad phone that I will break my contract and pay to get out of it just for peace of mind.

I am a heavy e mail user and I receive on average 200+ e mails per day and I send about 60. I need a piece of equipment that is reliable. I am a consultant and an independent operator.

I would like to hear from others if it just a bad piece of equipment or if it is me.