08-25-2013 09:45 AM
Yesterday there was an update to Blackberry ID and now afterdownloading it, my BB Torch 8900 says that I need the newest version of Blackberry ID. So it directs me to download it and then it says "sorry, there is no compatible version of Blackberry ID available at this time." I can't use any of the blackberry apps including BB world to download other apps. The BB ID that's installed on my phone is 220.127.116.11
is there a way to revert to an older version? What should I do?
08-27-2013 03:40 PM
09-01-2013 02:05 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!!
Please try this sequence:
1) Remove both AppWorld and the Identity app from your BB
2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.
3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld (during which, it should also install a fresh copy of the Identity app)
4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot
5) See if it now works.
09-02-2013 02:45 AM
09-09-2013 02:32 AM
09-09-2013 10:53 AM
Given how this all started (this thread "belongs" to the OP, who started with an OS update), it could be that the OS update somehow did not complete correctly, and an OS reload would be the proper course of action.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.
You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:
When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.
If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.
If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!