Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: Three

Problems with Bold 9790...

Hello,

I am using my BB Bold 9790 almost an year already and till few months ago everything was just fine. Then it started thinking too much. A "clock" is appearing all the time on the screen and can't do nothing till it's there and it just comes and goes every 2 seconds so u can imagine i really can't do nothing with it. After a while doing it the battery is getting hotter an hotter and it indicates low batter after few minutes even thou it was fully charged. Also tried to back up my phone of course but every time i try it just got stuck on final phase (of course). First it was on smart tags , then i deleted them now is something else and just can't finish backuping up my phone. 

Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000, Bold 9780, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problems with Bold 9790...

This has happened to me as well. I cleared all "User Installed Applications". It worked wonderfully.

To do this simply go to, Options >Security > Security Wipe and check only "User Installed Applications", type in:BlackBerry, and off you go.

If that does not help you, try restoring the device through the Desktop Software, or replace the battery.
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: Three

am I gonna loose any data after any of these steps?

New Contributor

You will loose any installed: applications, games, themes, etc. As long as you only check "User Installed Applications". All games and applications can be re-installed from the App World. Some settings like font size, folder options, backgrounds will be erased as well.

No user data like contacts and messages will be erased. All media will stay as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

In addition to my previous post. If you restore through the Desktop Software, be sure to back the device up first.