Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Problems with Contacts

I recently bought a BB Curve 8530....I have only had it for eight days. Yesterday, I noticed that my contacts were messed up. I tried to call my sister, but her name was no longer in my contacts. I dialed the number manually and it showed up under one of my other contacts' names. There are also multiple contacts in my phone now that are duplicates, some of which I don't know. 

I tried turning the phone off and then back on. I also tried to reboot and then tried to restore from the Desktop Manager.

Any suggestions?

Re: Problems with Contacts

Having the same problem, same device. I have only had it a week or so, but my contacts are totally messed up. It seems to be taking numbers and assigning them to incorrect contacts, duplicating many and deleting others. I thought that it might be related to the Facebook app and it's sync with contact, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, it's continually happening. It keeps deleting my mother! Who knows what else I've lost!

Anyone have a solution?

I've tried updating everything, taken the battery out, etc..

Thanks!

New Contributor

Since no one offered a solution on here, I just ended up taking it to the store I bought it from and got them to delete all my contacts and then reload them from my old phone which I still had. Since then, I haven't had any problems, so I am hoping it won't happen again.

Hope this helps!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Sprint

I had this exact same issue.

I deleted my gmail, I found out it was sychronizing to gmail and taking my contacts to an empty gmail account with no contacts and moving my contacts there.  It was also scrambling contacts information into a jumble.

I deleted the gmail, took out the service books and reinstalled my backed up data.

Is there a way to keep it from synching period to any mail contact list?  I don't see that as an option, it automatically wants to synch with gmail accounts.

BlackBerry Curve 8530
Sprint
OS v5.0.0.395 (Platform 4.2.0.167
Applications : SprintTV by MobiTV, Facebook, MySpace
New Contributor

BUMP

I'm having this problem too, after doing a wireless upgrade to new BB software.

I was able to go to  DM and restore using a prior backup, but every time I go into my gmail account on the computer to delete the duplicates that are now on that contact list, it deletes them off my phone too. Ugh.

Anyhow, I wanted to reply to this thread and say one thing you guys can try to do is if you go to your contacts on your phone, hit the BB button and go to Options there should be a section called Contact Lists with your email accounts listed underneath. Select the gmail one that is the issue, and make sure the Wireless Synchronization option is set to No.

Mine is set to No and is still an issue, but maybe it'll work for you.