Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problems with Desktop Manager - Calendar Items not Synching and Sporadic Connectivity

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!  If anyone out there can help me solve my problem, I will be forever grateful!

My problems started happening a few weeks back out of the blue.  I had not changed any settings, so they seemed out of nowhere.

The first problem is that the Outlook Calendar events I have on my MS Outlook are not making their way over to the device (BB 8330).  I have selected two way sync and for all items to be synced in the configuration.  The address book sync seems to work, but the calendar is not.  I can't tell what I'm doing wrong.  I uninstalled the software and downloaded the most recent version, and that didn't help.

Also, when I look at my device, there are times it seems as though it is about to start syncronizing, and then it quits.  It's sporadic for some odd reason.

When I connect the device through the USB port, the device acts as though it's about to sync, but nothing happens with the Desktop manager.  I have it selected to automatically sync when the device connects, but in order to run the sync process, I have to hit the syncronize button.  I'm really scratching my head here.

Is there more information I should provide to be more helpful with troubleshooting?

Oh, and when I view the log, it only shows that my memo pad was sycned.  What???

Message Edited by jkarennj on 10-02-2009 04:52 PM

Re: Problems with Desktop Manager - Calendar Items not Synching and Sporadic Connectivity

Similar issue -

My Desktop Software fails during my "calendar" sync.  I too have a two-way sync set up. 

Re: Problems with Desktop Manager - Calendar Items not Synching and Sporadic Connectivity

Having exactly the same problem. Hoping someone has an idea...

Not sure of the details, but I read on another web page that Facebook app may be the problem. I just deleted the facebook app off my blackberry and re-synced and sure enough it resolved the calendar issues. At this point I can live without facebook, but not important calendar details.

New Contributor

Very interesting about the Facebook app - I have on one my BlackBerry, but I use it all the time.  SO...

I found a workaround.  I'm now using Google Calendar to sync with both my Outlook calendar on my laptop AND my BlackBerry.  I actually like it better than using the Desktop Manager software, because I'm now also using a netbook for when I travel, and it doesn't have room for the full Outlook.  I can go online and add an event to the Google Calendar, and it will sync both my laptop and my Blackberry.  Since the problem I described originally really had to do with the calendar not synchronizing.

I still use the Desktop Manager to sync my contacts and notes.  Google doesn't seem to have a sync application that handles contacts.  You can import contacts, but I didn't see a sync app.

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: MTN

The Blackberry needs to use its default CICAL. On your Blackberry goto OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/SERVICE BOOK then delete all CICAL entries. Do not delete CMIME (this is req'd for e-mail)

Resync and problems should be solved i.e. appointments on Blackberry will be in Outlook & vice-versa
Rian

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Digicel Panama

Re: Problems with Desktop Manager - Calendar Items not Syncing and Sporadic Connectivity

Thank you! I've try it and it works just perfect.

Regards

My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

It baffles me how you know this!!  But I am grateful that you do.  It solved my problems, thanks.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Cricket

My Problem is syncing my device with Yahoo.com. When I am syncing the calendar and contacts I get a lost contact so I am not sure the problem but I know my calendar on Yahoo and my calendar on my BB are not syncing.

I am using Desktop version 6.1.0.35 and have a bb curve 8530