Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Gemini Curve 8520
My Carrier: Zain Jordan

Problems with Downloading Applications onto my Blackberry from device!

I am having problems downloading applications.  I haven't even been able to download the Blackberry App World either.  I know it's not a problem with connection with BIS or my service provider and what not because I can do other things like email and bbm, SMS, calling, facebook, etc. 

Basically when I go to click "download in Blackberry App World" for any application (example: crunchSMS) it says "cannot view this page, save onto device" (or something along those lines) and then when I click yes it asks me where I want to save, either my media card or the device (I can choose a folder) but then after that I either can't find it or it won't open/download anything when I go to access it. 

Now, when I go to download Blackberry App World it says that my device doesn't meet system requirements even though I just updated my device to the newest system (5.0?, anyway App World only requires 4.6, I think) but I still keep getting this message. 

I live in Amman, Jordan and my service provider is ZainJO if that helps with answering my problem.

I really want to take advantage of this part of my blackberry because it would be really helpful and fun!

Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems with Downloading Applications onto my Blackberry from device!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements (including if it is available in your country):

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8250

im having the same problem, amd my phone meets all the requirements needed...

any more suggestions?

Cortney

x

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Cortney17 wrote:

im having the same problem, amd my phone meets all the requirements needed...

any more suggestions?

Cortney

x

Hello,

If, as you say, you meet all the requirements, then you should continue with your carrier to find out why they are not delivering to you services to which you are entitled.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: STC

I have just bought new Curve 8520. The first thing i did, I upgraded the device software to 5.0.0.681. Then I started downloading applications like MSN Messenger, G Talk n stuff but when I tried to download the Facebook application Version 1.8.0.49 via the link then it gave me an error as follows,

The application requires the following modules, which are not installed..

net_rim_bb_universalsearch_lib

net_rim_bbapi_unifiedsearch

Kindly note that I am a user at Saudi Arabia & my carrier is STC and here BB App doesnt support.. So, the only way to download Facebook application is just to get the link on email from black berry site...

Please help me on this, any one of you...
Would highly appreciate the help in this regard, cuz I am really freaking out without Facebook now Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: august

I have a problem loading the facebook app, it keeps saying the was a problem loading, please try again.
Hall of Famer III

dukegrey wrote:
I have a problem loading the facebook app, it keeps saying the was a problem loading, please try again.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Can you perhaps be a bit more specific? For example, are you attempting to install the app? Or is it installed, but you are attempting to launch it? And if the latter, what happened in the time since it last worked fine? Also, is "the was a problem loading, please try again" the exact and complete error message presented?

Thanks and let us know!

New Contributor

I am trying to install it. The last time it worked fine, my phone had a software problem so to fix that it was flushed.
Hall of Famer III

Please clarify again...what, exactly, is "flushed"?

And, again, what is the exact and complete error message?

Further, from where, exactly, are you attempting to install it?

Please remember that we can't see you nor your device...we have only your words to help us understand...and we must first understand before we can give useful guidance.

Thanks.

New Contributor

I'm attempting it from blackberry app world. The massege is "the was a problem loading facebook. Please try again". The person who "flushed" it said the connect the phone to a pc and delete evrything in the phone with a that pc. Just like formating a usb.