Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Problems with Featured Apps and freezing with 9860

Many thanks for that. I'll look further when I have a chance but I'm so delighted with the improvements I'm happy to stick for the time being.

Roman
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

A perfectly valid choice. Good luck and enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Me again! I realise I should maybe take this up in the open forum but I know you have a Z10 and you've been really helpful. I'm so pleased with the Z10 as i said, particulalry as it doesn't freeze. I have a couple of problems I haven't been able to sort out. The first is when I answer the phone, it cuts off and I have to ring back. At first I thought it was me or just the odd one but it happens most times the phone rings and a friend of mine has the same problem with his Z10. The other thing is the notifications don't work at times. I find sometimes that 3 or 4 emails have come in over a few hours with no notification at all.

Any suggestions welcome, as always, and I hope you don't mind me asking you on this.

Roman
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Well, then indeed we return to the beginning of this thread...not for the details, but for the process. For example, you have revealed nothing about the OS level you are running on your Z10. Earlier OS's have issues which are resolved in later versions. Add-on apps can cause problems, but there is no Safe Mode on BB10. And the process for loading a specifically chosen OS to a BB10 device is completely different from legacy devices.

So, again, we are the beginning...what OS are you on?

But, indeed this new discussion should be over in the proper section of this site...for now, when someone comes across this thread here in the Torch section, there will be discussion about BB10..which will confuse them greatly, I fear.

Good luck and let us know!

PS -- if indeed you elect to move this discussion to the proper forum location, then do feel free to either PM me a link or post it here in this now-stale thread...and I'll be happy to move my answers over there.

Cheers!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Many thanks. I've posted the question properly (!) and here's the link http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-drops-phone-calls-on-answering-and-also-ha...

All the best and thanks again.

Roman
Hall of Famer III

Unfortunately, that link is somehow invalid...here is I believe the proper one: