Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: TORCH

Problems with TORCH, CANNOT SEARCH (also other problems), someone please help (also favorites)

Hello,

I had my Torch for 4 days now.

I am having some major problems with it. Before this, I had a 9700 BOLD II and before that all the other blackberries that was previous generations.

I usually hold about 5000 emails, from 9 mailboxes. Some of them online orders. I need to SEARCH these orders and pull them up and then send them via fax or email them.

I can NO LONGER DO THIS

When I click on SEARCH

I click on ADVANCE SEARCH

then I type in something like 83609 (which is an order #) inside the MESSAGE section (which should be the message body). The TORCH NEVER NEVER NEVER ever finds the emails. It brings up emails which have NO MEANING or just shows ALL CURRENT EMAILS. I have done multiple searches under multiple texts and it NEVER FINDS ANYTHING I am looking for in the message body. It used to be able to search under the message body.

The amount of messages and emails was NEVER a problem with the bold ii, why is it a problem now? All of the emails now are useless to me as I cannot search a body.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

-----

I also have a problem with FAVORITES

I have BROWSER as favorites

I have text messages as favorites

etc

It then shows up in the favorites menu

I REBOOT THE PHONE by taking the battery out and ALL THE FAVORITES disappear!!

If I click on BROWSER or TEXT MESSAGES, it says UN-FAVORITE in the submenu so it is still a favorite.

What the hell is going on with this phone?

Can anyone help?

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Problems with TORCH, CANNOT SEARCH (also other problems), someone please help (also favorites)

Although i haven't had the search issues that you have had. I have experienced the issues with things disappearing from the favorites menu. Hopefully this will be fixed with a new patch.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problems with TORCH, CANNOT SEARCH

The Torch 9800 native device search will not locate a text string in contacts, memopad and email unless it appears in the subject field, name field, or the company field. The Torch 9800 search tool is optimized to search the web and social media sites, but not the device itself.  The Bold 9000 had a much better native device search app that would do what you want, but Blackberry dumbed it down in the OS for the Torch 9800.  Until someone comes up with a 3rd Party App, there is no way to search and locate a text string anywhere on the Torch 9800 device unless it appears in one of those fields.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problems with TORCH, CANNOT SEARCH (also other problems), someone please help (also favorites)

I am also having a problem with my text message folder becoming "unmarked" as a favorite several times a day, whether or not I reboot my torch. This is becoming VERY annoying and I would appreciate hearing any possible solution(s).