Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Problems with application storage free space

I am on a Bold 9900 on OS7. Ive long had problems with my blackberry freezing and hanging then discovering that yet again all my texts have been deleted.

Looking on forums i then confirmed that my settings had always been to save texts forever.

Noticing that the oroblem appeared to be 0mb of application storage free space i then deleted as many apps and games as i could. The result was 130mb of free space. In 24hrs of no browsing or surfing this had dropped to 100mb and another 24hrs later it is now below 60mb. Pretty soon it is no doubt going to be so low that the phone is going to start deleting my messages again. What is going on?

I have numerous email accounts synched but routinely delete them from the phone; the emails rarely have attachments and i dont download any; i have 5.9gb built in space free and6.7gb memory card free too.

As far as i know i do not have much oushed content coming in either.

Does anyone have a fix please. It seems ludicrous that with all the tech and memory involved that i cant seem to keep my text conversations which is incredibly frustrating.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Reliance

Re: Problems with application storage free space

Hi.
Please update os through App loader