Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: flip
My Carrier: 447730517536
Accepted Solution

Problems with internet and e-mail - new phone bought internationally through E-bay

Hi

I have three BBs - this latest one is a Pearl Flip which I bought new on e-bay.  After spending many hours trying to find out why I keep getting error messages when I try to set up my e-mail, I realised that the phone only has 5 service books and does not have the, "Provisioning" book.

I have tried to get on line through my BIS to get new books but I don't seem to be able to.  I have a SIM only through TESCO who I think are using O2.  When I rang TESCO up to clarify, they said my BIS was BB!  I did try to explain that they were the carrier but as the call was costing me at a premium rate, I gave up!

I have tried entering the phone's PIN and IMEI on 02 and T Mobile (the phone was orginally locked to T Mobile) but they do not recognise the numbers.  I am now stuck can any one please help? All other functions are fine.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Problems with internet and e-mail - new phone bought internationally through E-bay

Hi sallys,

Have you performed an OTA software update on your BlackBerry ? If update crashed or interrupted then you should try an OS reload using Desktop Software which will fix any software glitches .

Meanwhile , first try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After reboot , On your device go to Setup > Email account >  try to setup your email account and check if you recieve the same error . If you still recieve the same error then use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate to add / edit any of your email account .

Good luck.

VIA | Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/email-setup/m-p/2594583/highlight/true#M15664...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
My Device: flip
My Carrier: 447730517536

Re: Problems with internet and e-mail - new phone bought internationally through E-bay

It works!

You are a star!  

Thank you so much josuefunes.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

thank you

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"