Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Touch
My Carrier: Bell

Problems with microphone. Hardware/software (OS) related problem?

So the last few weeks i've been having problems speaking to other people with my phone. Pulling out the battery and putting it back in has helped (temporarily). Its now at the point where it will not work (can't send voice notes, can't use the phone). I read a few forums and saw its something to do with the 7.1 updates (OS).

Do i revert back to an older OS (7.0). My phone is no longer under warrenty with Bell (i've had it for two years).

I'm going to take it in to a repair shop tomorrow for a temp 40 dollar fix, but im at my wits end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problems with microphone. Hardware/software (OS) related problem?

Hello ironhide25

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First run a self test on your BlackBerry and see if your device pass that test :

KB16037  : Using the Self Test application on the BlackBerry smartphone

If your device pass then you should try an OS relaod which will fix any software issue within your device , but after a backup of your data .Refer to this KB for help :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.