Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Problems with my Bold 9700 not ringing -going straight to "missed call"...any help??

Hi Guys,

I have just recently updated to the new Bold 9700 and am having a repetitive problem in that my phone will sometimes just not ring...and I'll get a message alert saying I've had a missed call, yet there was no visible sign that anyone was calling. I've tried everything that I can think of including checking that the profile is active and on and I've even tried going to individual contacts and giving them new ringtones to see if that helps!

It's the weirdest thing because sometimes it will ring as it should, and then other times it will just not ring and I get the missed call message. I notice it tends to happen more with a couple of contacts -one being my mum. Really strange and very frustrating. Have just tried doing a system reset, but hoping there may be a simple answer out there amongst the pros!! :-)

Thanks all,

Jess, AUS

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Problems with my Bold 9700 not ringing -going straight to "missed call"...any help??

I am on my 3rd Bold and having the same issues you described! I was advised by customer care to reload the software, which I did on all 3 phones, and I still have the same problems. I can't exchange this one because it's scratched, so I'm stuck w/it! I hope someone has a fix for this problem...

Carrier: Tmobile. Model: Bold, 9700. OS version: 5.0.0.330.
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Problems with my Bold 9700 not ringing -going straight to "missed call"...any help??

I have Blackberry Bold 9700 and have the same issue.. Called the customer service and they made me reinstall the OS couple of times.. No use.. Posting this to see if anybody has found a solution or if this is a blackberry feature Smiley Happy

All of a sudden, my phone thinks i need rest and stops receiving calls, doesn't ring, doesn't show missed call.. nothing.. pretends as though nothing happened..

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I had this issue with a previous phone and it was due to a defective SIM card ... have your providers looked into this option?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 Smartphone OS 6.0.0
My Carrier: AT&T

My phone has the same problem (no ring) only calls are showing in call list - they go directly to voice mail. The ring is the general ring and not one for a specific contact. Also, the volume of the sound that occurs when you type a key (letter, number, etc.) becomes significantly lower. I have not had provider check SIM card yet.

Carrier: AT&T Device: 9700 Software Version: v5.0.0.602 (Platform 5.1.0.112)

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi .

I am facing exactly the same problem with the Blackberry 9700, are you able to find any solution to this problem ? There is no ring for the incoming call and it says there is a missed call. Please let me have your feedback, are you able to solve the problem ?

My Device: 9700

Do any of you guys have 2 different contacts entries but with the same phone number registered in your BB? And whenever this contact tries to call your BB, it doesn't ring and goes straight to Missed call?

I have experienced this. I deleted one of the two contacts and when the person called, the phone rang. I created the second contact again with the same phone number, the BB didn't ring and went to Missed call again.

Please confirm if any of you have this pattern.

Regular Visitor
My Carrier: Rogers

Had a couple users on our BES have the same problem and tested with 2 contacts with the same name and number.  Can confirm that calls would go straight to voicemail without ringing if there were duplicate name/number in the contacts.  But some contacts are still going straight to voicemail without duplicates, so trying to troubleshoot that currently.  Thanks for the tip!

I have the same problem too! My phone is auto answering the calls without ringing! So....whoever calls can listen to whatever I'm doing/saying without me knowing the phone is connected!!  Auto-answer is set on NEVER and it keeps happening.  T mobile told me its a software issue and to do a master reset....They also said that if that doesn't work they will replace the phone...

New Contributor
My Carrier: t-Mobile

I get error message, "net_rim_bb_alertengine_app(96) is not resopnding process terminated

I have no ring tone and no audio .