Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problems with new VM-605

I just purchased VM-605 and my initial experience is less than favorable. When the phone call gets answered the device announces "call disconnected" - luckily it is just the announcement and the call continues. The biggest problem though is that after 2-3 min of the call the FM transmitter on VM-605 turns off on its own. The VM-605 is not really usable without using FM transmitter: the call quality when using the unit on its own is terrible - a lot of noise on both ends. Surprisingly, when I listen to MP3 files played on my BB-8900 and through VM-605 on my car radio, the FM transmitter works fine and doesn't turn off.

Does anyone have similar experience? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problems with new VM-605

The VM 605 should announce teh phone number and the FM should stay on for the duration of the call.

What phone are you using it with and its OS version?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

It announces the telephone number when somebody calls me. I was describing the scenario when I call: when somebody picks up the call I hear "call disconnected", which is annoying because I cannot hear what the person who picked the phone says. The call is not disconnected, but the FM transmitter turns off after 2-3 min.

I am using 8900 on Rogers network and running 4.6.1.

Thanks,

Mike

New Contributor

Actually, the message after call answered is "call ended" (as opposed to "disconnected") Smiley Sad

I tried using Garmin on my BB with VM-605 - works fine if you have frequent turns, as long as there's silence for 1-2min the FM transmitter turns off. Considering that it plays music from BB just fine, my assumption is that the FM transmitter turns off when there's silence (I assume somehow it disregards phone conversation and treats it as silence Smiley Sad). Not sure how Bluetooth works, should there be some heartbeat exchange to indicate that the paired device is still alive?

Anyway, it look this is some badly designed feature intended to save power... Unfortunately, with the lack of proper manual or even troubleshooting section it is impossible to figure out if

- there's in fact such setting

- such behavior could be modified by available settings/controls

- or this is just a hardware defect Smiley Sad

Any help/feedback will be highly appreciated... I cannot return the device to Amazon as I live in Canada and purchased it while in US...Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Mike

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Listen to some MP3s while connected to it.

then it will not disconnect.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.61
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems with new VM-605 "call ended"

Same problem here, every call STARTS with that annoying voice saying "call ended."   Any help??? 

Re: Problems with new VM-605 "call ended"

OS 5 seems to have done the same thing to my 8350i when it connects the LED indicates that it is in a phone call, then when a call comes in you can't touch answer an if you do answer with hand set is says...call ended but caller still there.

So what now I have a $120 brick? downgrade os?