Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Problems with syncing music.

[ Edited ]

6.0 Bundle 2391 (v6.0.0.534, Platform 6.6.0.200)

I recently tried to download music on my Curve 9300 and I encountered a few problems. Let me talk you through my procedure. I started off by opening BlackBerry Desktop Software and connected my Curve via mini USB to my hard drive. Once the 9300 had connected I went on and clicked sync music (I had also done this on my phone where it comes up with three options one of them being sync media). It then said I had to turn on Mass Storage Mode otherwise known as MTP. I didn't do this as I remembered when I first synced music onto my device, it worked fine with MTP switched off. But this time it didn't, instead it came up with the troubleshoot icon telling me to turn MTP on and the to reconnect my device. So I did as I was advised and I turned on MTP. However by doing so I was still unable to sync music  due to "low memory" on my devce and I was advised to insert a memory card. However I already have a memory card inserted, it's a 2GB SanDisk micro SD card with plenty of storage space left. I then went onto my phone while it was still connected to the computer and found that my phone was no longer reading my memory card and a notification came up on the screen telling me I should disconnect my device from the computer so that I can view the content on my memory card.

I'm honestly confused and I don't know what to do, by performing both actions I still loose, any help would be grateful. Thanks.

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Maquarie

Re: Problems with syncing music.

This same issue is happening to me!

I have somehow managed to get my SD Card showing again (2GB) however when I go into BB Desktop Manager and go to Device Options - Media - Store Media On and choose "Media Card" it actually displays as "Media Card (error)" 

Also, when I click on Music and choose what I want to sync, the status bar down the bottom where it says "142 GB of space available after sync" it has "0" at the very left and "error" at the very right of the status bar.

I can click on Sync, and it keeps saying that it has sync'd successfully but I cannot view any of this music on my actual BB itself.

If anyone has any ideas on this, would be very keen to know!! I have formatted the SD card to no avail. Thanks!

Blackberry Curve 9300