Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Vodacom

Process for getting an operator (Verizon) to deregister my pins from their network?

I am in South Africa and I have recently purchased 3 x BlackBerry Storm 9530's that are branded Verizon. As I have been to the states on a few occasions I am aware that this is the Verizon Wireless network.

The problem here though, is that these three phones are still registered to the Verizon network as far as BIS is concerned. They are unlocked to my local network (Vodacom). But when I do the I register the houst routing table (which shows no entries) I get a message that says welcome to the verizon network and no service books are sent to the phone.

Strangely enough these phones do not even get the service books of providers my standard data service so as a result I cannot make use of the browser facility at all.

According to my provider BIS cannot be actvated on these handsets until they have been deactived by the previous network provider and apparently this is my own responsibility.

Would anyone be able to provide me with some information on how I can request from Verizon Wireless that they deregister these handsets for me? I know that they do not have to do it so I guess what I am asking is what is the right way to ask them to?

Any information relating to this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!