Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Profiles Not Able to Edited!!!

Hello...

I have been using RIM for 4 years now, starting with the Pearl.  I am a huge fan of RIM technologies and have enjoyed all of their devices.  When buying the Storm, I knew there were going to be some bugs, and there certainly are...but i am still alive and will continue to upgrade my software.

My question,

On the Pearl, you could individually edit the profiles to make each sounds different in each profile.   This was done by the following steps:

Click on profiles / Scroll down and click on advanced / Scroll to desired profile / BB Button - Edit

and there you could edit every aspect of that certain profile.....

On the storm, same steps can be followed until the advanced button, the only options are set ring tones/alerts, set contact alerts, and custom profiles.  

What I have found is that it is very difficult/impossible to edit each profile...

Help!

Thanks,

Dan

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Profiles Not Able to Edited!!!

The Storm comes with a series of pre configured profiles. If you want to customize go to your menu and go to "Sounds" and "custom profiles" Create a new one however you like there.
Once you go Black you don't go Back!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Profiles Not Able to Edited!!!

[ Edited ]

This is not a solution...as written above, I have used BlackBerry for four years and am familiar with the normal operations of their mobility devices.

On most other RIM devices i know of, you are able to edit the individual preloaded profiles.

I would like to know how to edit the inidivual preloaded profiles. Does anyone have any idea?

Message Edited by dlf211 on 11-28-2008 09:24 AM