Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Program Long Distance Card

I'm wondering if it is possible to with just one click make a LD call to a contact in my contact list and automatically have the call charged to my LD card.

I was used to my cellphone which allowed me to call any # from my contact list and when I held the send key for 2 seconds it automatically recognized I wanted to make a LD call and charge it to my calling card, which was already programmed in the phone.

Or is it possible to have the BB recognize any LD number prefixed with a 0 should be charged to my LD card, without having to type in my LD card # and PIN all the time.

I don't want to pre-program all my LD contacts with the calling card #, because sometimes I find my self in the city where my contacts are, and I need to call them locally.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Program Long Distance Card

I'm wondering the same thing. Have you been able to find out?
Contributor

Not 1 reply except 4 u.

If I ever do I'll let you know.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ItsThePits wrote:
I don't want to pre-program all my LD contacts with the calling card #, because sometimes I find my self in the city where my contacts are, and I need to call them locally.
For each of these contacts, you can store one phone number for Long Distance and one phone number for local calls. So when you call one of the, you just choose which one you want to use. I hope you don't have too many contacts Smiley Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I am trying to avoid entering duplicate entries.  Too many entries, too time consuming.
Guru I

duplicate entries means several contacts for one person, I'm talking of having one contact per person, and in the contact sheet, store two emails.

Anyway, I don't think you'll find something more practical.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Guru I

hey hey,

I found something that seems more practical :d

http://www.s4bb.com/software/berrydialer/

Contributor

Looking for something free.  I figured it would be at least something provided by RIM.