Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Proper upgrading method right from downloading device software & desktop software in pc to update in device?

Plese tell proper method of installing new os in bb.

Sometimes desktop software & apploader don't detect new os to be instal on bb

Is it necessary to have internet connection for the process after downloading &

Installing new os in pc?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Proper upgrading method right from downloading device software & desktop software in pc to update in device?

Hi kamalsinghengr

What is your present device OS version , to know that : Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line ? 

You can perform a Manual Upadate in which no internet connection is required after downloading the OS pack , And you may need Internet connect if you Update using Desktop Software without downloading the OS pack.

Let us know what you need exactly.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Re: Proper upgrading method right from downloading device software & desktop software in pc to update in device?

I have Curve 9360 with OS 7.0.0.557 from Redington (india) & want to update to 7.1 which is available on bb device software downloads site. I have downloaded the new os file.
I want to know exact steps in Manual Update in which no internet connection is required.
Because earlier I have updated my device sometimes desktop software shows an os update available in pc sometimes not similarly apploader sometimes detects new os sometimes not.
Elite II

Hi Kamalsinghengr

If you want to update your device OS you can do that , But first Uninstall or delete any OS pack you have installed previously on your PC ,Then follow this :

1. Download the latest OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC Latest Software Download for Redington (India) Limited for Curve 9360

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

From here you have two Options :  

3 ( a) . Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Or 

( b ) . Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software you will notice the Update available , just Click to update your device OS. (  During those precess you don't need any internet Connection )

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I have installed latest os & desktop software too in my pc
DS is not detecting new os to update
& when I click update option in device menu it shows a dialog with present new os installed in pc with (recommended)* written after name of os.
At bottom of dialog is written- *active blackberry service subscriber can only update to this software
After clicking update it shows- Unable to update to device software. To enjoy the latest functionality from the select BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade, you'll need an active BlackBerry® service subscription. Visit www.blackberry.com/service to learn more about BlackBerry services.

Its not updating
Elite II

Hi kamalsingh

So you don't have active Data plan on your account. As I said before updating any manual update you have to disconnect your all internet connection from the PC which you are using .Otherwise it may not allow you if you don't have any active data plan.

Also after downloading the OS pack have you installed that file on your PC by double clicking the same file ? 

Contributor

I don't have any data plan on my bb
Yes I have installed the os pack on pc
I listened much about deleting vendor.xml file from pc is it necessary to do that step?
I disconnected my internet connection but still its showing (recommended)* active service for updating
Elite II

kamalsinghengr wrote:
I don't have any data plan on my bb
Yes I have installed the os pack on pc
I listened much about deleting vendor.xml file from pc is it necessary to do that step?
I disconnected my internet connection but still its showing (recommended)* active service for updating

Dear kamalsinghr

Sorry to say but we are User like you and its very bad to run same subject on different thread, You already got helped  by our forums expert JSanders here in this thread Problem while updating OS 7.0 to 7.1 in Blackberry Curve 9360 . I have noticed you mentioned that you got the solution to your issue , then why did you started a new thread again ? 

Usually  I go through the users profile and posts but its my Bad that I missed this one.If you want help please stay on the same thread you started earlier.Thanks.

Regards

prince2012

Member of BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Contributor

Oh i was not knowing that if same problem comes i have to post comment in my own previous topic.
Sorry i will delete this topic & will comment back in my previous thread.

Thanks for informing this.