Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

Push Email Question

Hi everyone,

I just got my first blackberry 9700 2 days ago and I have some questions regarding to the push email. Actually, I have 3 email accounts and I only set up 1 email account on my blackberry.

The first problem is that :

1. The push email sometimes does not receive the email straight away, but when it does it receives 5-7 mails at once. I think push email on blackberry receives emails instantly when they arrive, doesn't it?

2. Is that a problem to use only 1 email for multiple accounts on blackberry? I mean my facebook account, MSN messenger, ebay, and other accounts. should I set my facebook account and MSN messenger to have an individual email each?  So, in this case 1 email does not do a lot work on my blackberry.

3. As what it is provided on blackberry email setting. It can set different email accounts such as hotmail, yahoo, etc.  I set a hotmail on my blackberry, but not @hotmail.com instead of hotmail.co.uk. Is that a problem?

and one last question is :

4. I tried to download some paid themes, but when I sent then link to my blackberry there was a link to download the theme. I just clicked on the link to download, but there was no button to download the theme. Is the country where I am at have not been supported the service? I think every country should be able to download the application. Actually I'm in Australia.

Has Australia been supported the service to download paid application?

I will appreciate for your answers.

Thank You Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Push Email Question

1. According to your email server type, the push might be instant or on a cycle. IMAP servers (Gmail, Yahoo, GoDaddy accounts) are almost instant. POP accounts (AOL, and many others) are on a cycle of about 15 minutes that the server checks for new messages, and two minutes thereafter until a period it reverts back to 15 minutes until new messages are again found.

2. Doesn't matter, it's your preference. It's not like you're going to 'over work' an email account. The only thing you might be aware of is any server email account size limits, but that has nothing to do with the BlackBerry.

3. Use whatever is the email account name, if your email address is user@hotmail.com, use that.

If your email address is user@hotmail.co.uk, then that is the address.

I really don't understand this question.

4. BlackBerry AppWorld is currently available in Austrailia for free applications, not for commercial (paid) themes and applications.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi there,

Thank you for replying Smiley Happy

So, if I want to receive instant emails, I need to set up my blackberry with IMAP accounts (Gmail, Yahoo etc) instead of POP accounts ? in this case, what is hotmail classified on? IMAP or POP?

I'm sorry for the third question which was not clear, since English is my second language. I understand already the solution you provided though.

and do you know when the commercial applications will be launched in Australia?

Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05133

If I recall correctly, Hotmail/MSN/Live mail is IMAP.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Okay, thank you for your assistance, this is very helpful Smiley Happy