Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Q10 Linking unrelated contacts

Hi,

i have been facing this issue from the first day i bought the Q10. i have transferred the Data from my old Bold 9900 though BB Link as instructed by RIM, however after the restore, i found that my contacts are having wrong names in whatsapp. after checking the Contacts i realised that my whole address book is messed up. Contacts are linked automatically to wrong contacts (local and facebook contacts). i have cleared the contacts then restored again, removed facebook then restored, updated to the recent  OS release, but nothing seems to work. this is really frustrating and disappointing. It is a very serious Bug that shouldn;t be there in the first place as the address book is the most important part of any phone. Any ideas or fixes?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q10 Linking unrelated contacts

Hey hermes-bk,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Thank you for reporting this issue, to better assist you and to gather device event logs to determine the root cause, we would request that you contact your wireless service provider to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Q10 Linking unrelated contacts

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply,

I have my issue solved today, I am not sure if this is the solution or just a coincidence, but I am gonna write the steps to (maybe) help other blackberry users having this issue (from the research, they seem quite alot).

1- Restore the Q10 to factory settings.

2- install the latest OS (10.1.0.2309).

3- transfer data from your old BB.

4- Add email accounts.

5- check that all the contacts are linked correctly.

6- Add FB account (for me,when adding FB account before recovering my contacts seems to cause the problem)

Hope this would help.