Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Questions about moving from a Palm Treo 755p to a BlackBerry on the Mac.

[ Edited ]

Hello all. Please excuse my noob'ness since I've never used a BlackBerry before so if my questions seem remedial please bear with me. I would appreciate any and all help, advice, and info you guys can impart on me, eneve if it's stuff I haven't asked but you think I should know.

I just moved over from a PC to a MacBook Pro running the latest version of OS X a few months ago and I currently have a Palm Treo 755p and I will be getting the BlackBerry Storm next week. How do I move all my data over to the BlackBerry, and how difficult is it?

What's the best software to use to sync the BlackBerry over to the Mac, MissingSync or PocketMac, and why?

Will my data keep the proper formatting or will it get garbled when I transfer from the Palm over to the BlackBerry?

I'm so used to using Palm Desktop when I'm on my computer to see my calendar, contacts, and all my info consolidated into one program; what program do you guys use for that, Entourage?

The Palm Desktop program in Windows allows you to password the program so it won't even load up if you don't enter your correct password, but I don't see that feature available on the Mac version of Palm Desktop. I know Outlook allows you to password protect the program so it won't even open up if you don't enter the correct password; how can I configure Entourage to do the same thing? As it stands right now someone could simply click the Entourage icon and open the program and have access to all my data. Sometimes it's not practical to have to log out of your user account every single time, so it's easier to have password security on Entourage.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Message Edited by Phoenix on 11-14-2008 02:15 PM
Message Edited by Phoenix on 11-14-2008 02:16 PM