Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Questions and Feature Requests: Phone,Voip,Streaming

I am a fairly advanced user of tech gadgets in general but new to the blackberry world (2 months now).  I have come across a few <quirks/missing features/stuff I wasn't able to find in the docs or forums> [take your pick]  and have decided this would be the ideal place for getting answers and/or sharing ideas and suggestions with users and bb devs.  Here are my notes/questions/wishlists so far:

1. PHONE:
    Total call timer: ingoing AND outgoing totals separately
    ->ability to adjust view to: incoming / outgoing / all / etc (each view should show a total timer)
    ->ability to view history for a particular contact and view their timer totals as well.
    ->there is space available, so a particular contact's history could show each call's duration on each line.
    ->ability to email a full call log (in compact form, spreadsheet friendly perhaps)...
      option to email full phone call logs, or just a specific contact's.  Currently you can only
      send ("forward") a single call's information, which is rather useless.
2. "Call forwarding - conditional".  Please let me turn off this warning.  It shows up every time I make a call.  I understand the message, but I just don't want to see it every call.  (I've seen this topic in several forums, but no solution yet.)

3. Voice apps/api.  I don't develop for mobile, but why does it seem so complicated for developers to create VOIP apps for blackberry?  For example, messenger apps with voice between users fully over 3G/Wi-fi.  Many apps are available for symbian and iphone that have no blackberry support.  From developer comments I have sensed that BB dev isn't somehow cooperative in this regard.  Is this true?  Why?  If true, can this be worked on please (and can someone please explain to me where the difficulties lie)?  In sum, why no voice calling over data on bb like symbian/iphone?
4. Better flash/ytube + streaming media sites support.  Sometimes m.youtube.com works, sometimes not. I'm confused as to why.  Seems it goes to edge and drops 3G when streaming.  Wifi doesn't seem to help reliability.  Not sure what's going on.  Some 3rd party browsers try to remedy this, but the video quality is poor (for example BoltBrowser).  Why the problems and can we expect this to be fixed soon?  Is it a problem with the phone or the carrier limiting our bandwidth use?  I don't understand.

If these things are possible now, please let me know how.  Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.