Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: Reliance

QuikFix for Blackberry Pearl 9100/9105 OS update error's

Hey there, i have fix this issue and wanted to share with you guys who are unable to update thier OS on 9100/9105 and messed up thier OS while updating to v6 or downgrading to stock v5 and got stuck between them with errors and reload software 507 screen or Apploader getting stuck while loading Module "net_rim_cldc.cod" or Apploader fails at "reconnecting to jvm" + Reload Software: 507 and others 5XX.

So people please keep in mind first wipe your device using JL_Cmdr or BBSAK > which will leave your screen with "reload software 507" error means u have successfully wiped your BB then download and install the update software according to your device + BB Desktop Manager for backup's.Install the Software update to your computer and do also install Desktop Manager.After this leave all aside and go to C:\Program Files in XP (if using windows 7) go to C:\Program Files (x86) Common Files > Research in motion > Apploader > now look for Vendor.xml file at the bottom and delete this file from your computer.

Now remove your battery from the BB (keep it handy cuz you have to insert battery at a installation point ) start Apploader connect your batteryless BB with your computer and click next which will show you your BBPIN connected or UNKNOWN PIN dont worry it's just fine click Next and now the loader will show u the update which u just downloaded select the apps u want to install hit Next, Next, and now installation begin keep eye on this where it loads o_O (check video tutorial below ) "Wait for device intialization" this is where you insert ur battery back in your BB do not unplug BB just put back battery in and thats it wait till installation ends (The error's which i mentioned above might popup for some users at installation process what they can do is just use another computer a desktop no laptops and connect USB to the back of the Computer no front USB ports will work,  this will fix the errors and they will not popup )....Hopefully you will end up restoring your BB with fresh OS.

JL_Cmdr Tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efcqXTeYZE

Apploader Tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9-Y-pVaPks

• Note: If you are connecting via a USB HUB then these instructions may not work also this is guarantee fail using Laptop. Try connecting via USB on a PC that is not using a HUB ( Use USB ports at the back of the Desktop )

Sorry my english is not that good Smiley Tongue

If this helps you in anyway please Like this post Smiley Happy Thank You

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: QuikFix for Blackberry Pearl 9100/9105 OS update error's

Hello shahnawazsarang

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Most easiest way is to try a manual update , to do that follow those simple Instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: QuikFix for Blackberry Pearl 9100/9105 OS update error's

CORRECTION -- Steps 1 and 2 should be reversed. If you choose to accept this advice, please conduct the Desktop Software installation FIRST, followed by installation of your chosen BB OS package.

@josuefunes -- please correct your information. When you plagiarized this from others, you have caused it to be incorrect. Please correct it.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................