Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

'R' for reply shortcut missing in SMS

[ Edited ]

Just got the new Bold 9700, OS v5.0.0.344 with the threaded SMS view. The shortcut 'R' for replying to a message has gone. Does anyone know if this is a permanent feature and part of the new threaded view? The old SMS view allowed 'R' for reply and 'F' for forward - a very handy and quick shortcut.

8700v - 8110 - 8310 - 9000 - 8900 - 9700 - 9000
Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB, Z10, Bold 9700, Pearl 8110
My Carrier: ATT

Re: 'R' for reply shortcut missing in SMS

The manual says that depending on the typing input that is selected some shortcuts may not be available.  You may check/change the input and see if that changes anything.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I just got the 9700 as well (from 8320) and if you go into SMS Inbox, it still works like your used to, but what seems to be happening is that they are using a "chat style" way of texting in the main SMS/MMS box.  Instead of hitting R now, you just hit the trackpad (aka "enter") and it opens the chat and your instantly ready to start typing.  So basically the Trackpad has replaced the "R" shortcut.  Its different and I really liked the previous way things went but I'm sure in the future I'll learn to love this style.  I just hope they fix the "number showing instead of the name" bug.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Expert

Yes i agree with you. i already use Bold 9700 and wao its great functions with great graphic. short cut keys are applied for almost every model of mobile but every models or companies are their own short cut keys. mostly shortcut keys are same in all. Btw Nice to talk with you. I am really enjoy to join your group. But now I am busy to complete my mcp and update me day to day in IT world. But it is my part time study I also like to do browsing, chating and meet peoples like you to make good and honest friends. Its my pleasure to send your article to all my friend and they also get knowledge after read you article. If you dont mind. i like to add you in the list of my friends. have a nice day and keep it up. My all best wishes with you.....

My Device: a23b
My Carrier: dfgdf

Your post is very impressive and informative. I have read it and agree with your views, ideas and opinions becasue it is the demand of the time. I am a web developer and working on a project of article directory, articleworlddb

in these days. Therefore i am just putting short views here but after some days i shall go in details and provide complete information regarding the topic. Moreover i want to add some interesting things in <p>my article directory as well.

Your post is very impressive and informative. I have read it and agree with your views, ideas and opinions becasue it is the demand of the time. I am a web developer and working on a project of article directory, articleworlddb in these days. Therefore i am just putting short views here but after some days i shall go in details and provide complete information regarding the topic. Moreover i want to add some interesting things in my article directory as well.

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

If you're cursor is sitting in the text field to write a reply, there's no need to press 'R', just start typing. However, if you move your cursor up into the message thread, the words, "Press R to Reply" will appear in the text area below.