Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Did not buy one yet!
My Carrier: verison
Accepted Solution

RE: BB Curve 8530

Can a Verizon-branded BB Curve 8530 be unlocked to use on a GSM Network such as T-Mobile?  I really like the features on this model and want to buy one off of E-bay, but only if I can unlock it and use my current SIM card in it.  I'd appreciate any help youse guys (and gals!) can give me.  Thanks!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: RE: BB Curve 8530

Nope, sorry. That device doesn't have the neccessary GSM radio bands to work on Tmobile.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 v.5.0.0.395
My Carrier: Sprint

There is no SIM card in the 8530.  Verizon and Sprint run on a CDMA network.  You need to buy a phone bilt SPECIFICALLY for the GSM network.

"Succes cannot be acheived if complacency is reached"
If my information helped, or resolved issue, please click Kudos Button. Thank You

Follow jonwlewis on Twitter
New Contributor
My Device: Did not buy one yet!
My Carrier: verison

Thank you!  Woman Happy

My Device: Curve 8530

How would one go about modifying a verizon 8530 to work with sprint?  I'm new to this sort of stuff so any help is greatly appreciated.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 v.5.0.0.395

Either search the internet for ideas on how to do this, or just sell the Verizon one and buy a Sprint one. Smiley Happy

"Succes cannot be acheived if complacency is reached"
If my information helped, or resolved issue, please click Kudos Button. Thank You

Follow jonwlewis on Twitter
Visitor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: orange

Hi I wonder If you could please help me

I want to get a Blackberry Curve and have seen that the 8530 has features such as GPS and 3G.  However I can only see the Curve 8520 for sale in the UK which does not have these features.

Is it possible to buy the 8530 online and then put my orange (uk) simcard into it?

Will this work? or will unlocking it work perhaps?

I would be very grateful for any help

Thankyou Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon

Unfortunately thw world is divided up primarily into two disparate camps.  CDMA and GSM do not play well together.  The camps are not equal GSM being the elephant to CDMAs flea.  Some devices (my Storm 9550) are switchable but that is the rarity.  Buying a device that is CDMA only would not be usable on a GSM network.  I believe that when I finally am well enugh to travel abroad my unlocked Storm 9550 will be fully usable on the GSM networks of Europe but that I won't know until I try. 

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

I am currently on my companies BB Enterprise Server but I will be leaving the company at the end of the month.

I want to take my outlook contacts, memo, calendar, etc. with me. I was told that my BB will be reset to factory settings but I  have to update SIM card. I don't believe my Curve 8530 has a SIM card. How can I take all my information in my work outlook with me?