Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: 8ta

Re: RE: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Issues with ID update and unable to use AppWorld

I had problems with this myself, so I had to do it via my desktop software. Although, on the thread above, Lindie1979 said (and I quote her): "Through your spanner icon, then applications, add on, and then delete app world"

Hope this helps! Please let me know...?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Re: RE: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Issues with ID update and unable to use AppWorld

Thanks bud, i am going to do that.  

New Contributor

Hi BRawn767,  guess what it worked dude.  I removed AppWorld via the Options (Spanner icon).  and used the url you posted. it failed first but then I remembered guys in the forum mentioning you have to try about three times to get the AppWorld installed.   

After the reboot, Appworld works wonderfully. No Blackberry ID error nada!!!  did u try it?

New Contributor

Hey dude,

I sukkeled a bit, although I only tried twice :$

I must have missed the post that said I should try till it works Smiley Tongue

After it failed twice, I went to a wi-fi hotspot but that network was cripple so I just left it...it WAS 22:30 so I thought I'd continue trying this afternoon.  Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll try it during lunch and get back to you

New Contributor

yeah try it till it works, u get an error but dont give up.  Maybe even four - five times.  Try at night as well.

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

My BB App World hasn't been working since the 23rd Dec and now after I followed your Instructions is working again, I only tried once and it worked .

Thank you so much guys, now my Love for BB is restored.

New Contributor

It worked buddy!!

I got it right first time last night Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor

Well done!! that's the stuff!!!  hey man, it's gr8 and worrying though and without these forums, no one can help even the VOdacom's, MTN's etc.  

Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: salma ali

My one is still not letting me on it
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Student

I have the exact same problem how do you solve it