Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA
Accepted Solution

RE: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Issues with ID update and unable to use AppWorld

Hi, I have an 8520 and managed to install protect and created a blackberry id for that and all worked fine.

when I access App World I get a screen notifying me that my ID needs to be updated and I click on Install and I get an error contacting the Blackberry ID server.  Appworld then closes.

The result is that I Can't browse Appworld and download apps etc.  

please help, I have reviewed some forums who suggest deleting the ID software, but I can't find.  ppl have mentioned this is a bug and I notice lot of these issues on the different forums.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: 8ta

Re: RE: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Issues with ID update and unable to use AppWorld

I have exactly the same problem (same phone, same network).  An error code (30008) is returned and after spending a lot of time googling the issue, it seems as if the only feasable answer I could get is that you've tried to purchase an app via PayPal.  I did NO such thing and when I contacted Vodacom regarding this, they said it's an issue with App World itself.  I've given up and I'm waiting a solution.

New Contributor

Re: RE: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Issues with ID update and unable to use AppWorld

Thanks Brawn767.  yep it does not make sense at all.  hectic I tell u.

i went into the store I purchased the phone from and they told me to call 082 155 (Data bundle support).  I am sure 8ta has such a service as well.  Maybe try giving them a shout.  I am going to try tonight to tomorrow. 

New Contributor

Well, I'll have to try that number as well.  I personally have a 9800 (which is on the 8ta network) and the App World on there works 100%.

My 8520 is on Vodacom.  It's merely a backup phone.  Let me know what you come up with and I'll do the same?

New Contributor

thanks will do

New Contributor

New Contributor

thanks BRawn767.  will def try Lorain1979's link.  maybe u must too.

New Contributor

Jam Jam!

I'll try a bit later tonight...don't have the phone with me atm.  I really hope it solves our problem Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I am hoping man. how do u plan to uninstall Appworld first. clicking Delete on the menu item or is there another way?

New Contributor

BRawn767 wrote:

Jam Jam!

I'll try a bit later tonight...don't have the phone with me atm.  I really hope it solves our problem Smiley Happy

I am hoping man. how do u plan to uninstall Appworld first. clicking Delete on the menu item or is there another way?