Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

RE-CONNECTING email to my pearl (same account, different password)

Hi--

I recently changed passwords on my personal email account also connected to my blackberry. The phone automatically disconnected my email as the password was invalid. I want to re-connect but have been unable.

I click the email appliation and scroll to existing users. I don't know what Log-in is being requested? What user name is this? to my blackberry? to my email? Nothing i have tried (usual ones i use) is successful. If i don't know my username i can't get my password emailed to me...so...this seems like a circle.

I cannot click "create new account" because one exists for my PIN. 

Where can i find the information i'm missing?? I am very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: RE-CONNECTING email to my pearl (same account, different password)

it should be simple. there are 2 ways you can create your   BIS (BlackBerry internet service account)account, if it was initally created using computer you can log on to your service providers BIS site, link can be found here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/internet.jsp

once you are on the site you can log in using ur user id and and password and if you dont remember password    you can use forgot password option and then once logged in you can add new pasword for you email account.

other way will be to click on email setup icon on your BB and then you can edit your email address and enter new password for your email address

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Thank you. However, i don't know my username to the BB email account. I know my password I think, but that doesn't matter if i don't know my username. I can't get in to the blackberry account in order to change my password to my email account previously integrated to my BB.

I never set anythign up on a computer.

When i click the email icon and try out different usernames that i imagine i would have used it says "password successfully sent to your bb" or something of the like, but nothing is ever delivered. So there is either a problem with the system or i'm entering incorrect usernames and someoen else is receiving their password.  

Please advise. Thank you. 

Regular Contributor

You need to create an account if you have never been to that website before.  Once, you do that, you can edit and delete email accounts.
New Contributor

ceartz,

I am having the exact same problem.

Did you ever resolve this? 

New Contributor

ughhh. no. i dont know what to do. its been months. let me know if you figure it out.
Highlighted

I am having the same problem, except I went to some other website, and I accidentally deleted the e-mail on my Blackberry Curve. So now the e-mail account still exists, but I can't even get to it on my phone. If I try and create a new account, since the PIN is already used, I can't even use the e-mail anymore. So I am trying to get my username (I have my password), but unfortunately, I can't remember it or find it anywhere. Do you have any new news?