Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

RE: Lost/Stolen Blackberry 8330, GPS phone tracking - How does it work??? !EMERGENCY!

Hello BB Community!

I am devastated by the loss of my blackberry, it has placed me at great inconvenience, I did EVERYTHING with that phone. I would like to attempt to retrieve it back by locating it through the GPS tracking system. Would you perhaps know the MOST effective method to accomplish this I am on a strict time stipulation, and time is off the essence, I DO NOT want the individual who is responsible for having it in their possession and not turning it in at the location where I last was when I had the phone have the luxury and pleasure of hacking into my phone and taking it as it is theirs. I am a noble and honest person I can empathize with someone in my current situation, and I don't expect everyone to operate as I would have and immediately turned the phone in to lost and found in hopes of its rightful owner to go and claim it, but I am just willing to fight for my rights to try to regain what is rightfully mine and what I own, I'm looking at the principal of the matter. So if ANYONE can help me with this coming from a fellow BB user I would GREATLY appreciate it at the most deepest gratitude. This has truly inconvenience me and put a complete stop on my life and what I was getting done using my phone everyday. I am out of work I was a victim of the layoffs and I used my BB everyday submitting resumes, using the internet, sending and receiving emails, not to mention it was my ONLY means of communication. I have plenty business relationships with many important contacts I no longer can communicate with on the phone to discuss future business ventures and projects I was involved in I am out of the loop and off the radar, and it is tearing me apart. I hope to get some helpful and very useful advice, please. I need to act with urgency and I am trying to do all I can but I am not familiar with how to GPS to locate my phone, I just lost it last night less than 24 hours ago, and yes the device is insured, however I want to weigh my options and try to push the chances of me restoring it back to me. Apologize for the long post I am at a very emotional state and most of it is venting out. Thanks so much for the concern and prompt response, your expertise and advice will be greatly appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RE: Lost/Stolen Blackberry 8330, GPS phone tracking - How does it work??? !EMERGENCY!

if you use blackberry desktop, everything should be in your backups, and can be read with available software - http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

as far as tracking with GPS - if you use google's "MyTracks" it shows where you and family and friends are - and might be a help...

http://mytracks.appspot.com/

my wife and I lost a SPRINT phone and called and added their family tracking option, but still never recovered it. Sprint was also NO HELP - and the local police said they couldn't ever respond to all the stolen/lost mobile phones they get reports on every day.

only time i ever heard of GPS and a mobile phone being recovered was in a iphone situation, a good read, but a scary situation...

http://happywaffle.livejournal.com/5890.html

if its insured, get it replaced ASAP, deactivate it ASAP and install your backup files -

good luck

my blackberry screen cleaner - made it myself
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: RE: Lost/Stolen Blackberry 8330, GPS phone tracking - How does it work??? !EMERGENCY!

there is a bunch of apps that track by GPS, but they have to be already installed on the device.

Cal your carrier and report it as stolen. They cant get the data unless you dont ahve a password on it.

they will not get the luxury of using the device if you report it stolen. 

hope you have backups, cause you are goign to need them to load to your new device