Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Tmobile

RED LIGHT OF DEATH AND PHONE NOT WORKING

only had the torch 9810 for 3 months. initial problem- phone turned off out of no where and icharged it over nigth and after taht still wouldnt turn on and got the red light of death. did a battery pull and still nothing. got a new phone and it worked fine for about a month. about 2 days ago it happened again. called tmobile and got a brand new batter. still phone isnt working. can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to fix if possible.

this is the replacement phone with a brand new batter that is giving me the same issue as the initial one.

please help

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: RED LIGHT OF DEATH AND PHONE NOT WORKING

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As unusual as it sounds, it's possible that you simply received two defective units in a row. Unlikely, but possible. You need to continue working with TM to resolve this.

It's also possible (also unlikely, but possible) that your charger is the problem. Did they replace that?

It's also possible (still unlikely, but possible) that the outlet you are using to charge from is the problem. Did you try a different one?

In any event, you definitely need to continue working with TM as they are your sole formal support channel for this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................