Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: orange

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

get rid of the blackberry desktop manager and try downloading the manager from who supplied your phone,worked for me

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

nimrodson wrote:

get rid of the blackberry desktop manager and try downloading the manager from who supplied your phone,worked for me

Hello,

I think that you actually have a slightly mistaken understanding of how it all works...while I'm glad it worked for you, it may give an incorrect impression of the various methods available to resolve such situations.

For PC, there actually are two components to install (in order) if one really needs to take full control and bypass all of the automatic methods -- which is sometimes necessary to recover from some situations.

1. The Desktop Software -- this is universal; there really is no version specific to any carrier
  2. The BB OS Software -- this is specific to the BB device that is being worked on

For MAC, you can only use the Desktop Software, as the BB OS packages are not usable on PC. But, on PC, you install BOTH of these, and then you have the best chance to recover from some situations using the various tricks available. The Desktop Software is required as it contains various drivers and such that are universal, and those are needed prior to the BB OS Package, which likewise contains some drivers which are specific to the device in question.

For item 2, if one is trying to recover from a situation but not change the BB OS that is installed on their BB, then they must find, from that download portal, the exact package that is already running on the BB device and install it to their PC. If one instead wants to force an upgrade or downgrade, then one can choose whatever package they desire. In either case, that BB OS package is also installed to the PC so as to, in a sense, customize and tailor the Desktop Software so that it will best work with the specific device in question.

Also, there is no requirement to use only your carriers BBOS package...you can use any carriers package, as long as it is for the exact same BB model number that you are working on. As long as you do the right trick (e.g., delete, from the PC, both copies of VENDOR.XML after installing the BBOS Package), then you can use any carriers OS package.

Hopefully that helps clear up how this all works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................