Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved. Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved.RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

lvmp4man thanks A lot! Sucks I had to wipe my whole BB, but it was worth it! I got it working again, so no complaints.

Whatever iSkoot is caused it to shut down. Maybe it was just me, but beware of that app. It popped up when I rebooted my BB. I agreed to the terms and in the middle of installation my bb shut off and the 552 error appeared.

Thanks again!

My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: 3

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

Hi... i stupidly managed to drop my bold in the toilet... its tuning on but i have error codes.

Firstly I had the JVM error code, so i downloaded the latest version of desktop manager and tried to update the software.. now i have the RELOAD SOFTWARE 552 error..

When i plug my bb into the computer desktop manager doesnt recognise it so it tealls me to update the software.. when i go to update the software the desktop manager is telling me that there are no updates available so i dont have any updates to choose from to actually go ahead and update my blackberry and try and resolve the problem WHAT ELSE CAN I DO????

ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Water + Electronic circuits = Disaster!

Anytime this happens the first step is turn it off, remove the battery and leave it out!

If your prior attempts haven't irrevocably fried the circuits you can try the following:

1,  Fill a container with uncooked rice,

2.  Bury your Blackberry in the rice.

3.  Leave it there for at a minimum of three days.

4.  Remove from the rice and place on a low heat source (sunny window sill, cable converter box, etc)

for another two days or so.

5.  Re-insert the battery and attempt to due a normal power up sequence

This process is not guaranteed but has worked for some if the circuits were not totally fried.  The rice is hydroscopic and will absorb moisture in the phone.

if after doing the above your phone still does not power up be aware swimming in a toilet is not a warranty issue and hopefully you opted for insurance through your carrier.  If you did not and you have appropriate riders on either your homeowners or renters policy a replacement might be possible

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: 3

I think i may have answered my own question... think i have to install an OS onto my pc first! im a dummmy... hopefully it'll work then!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Actually, it's only electronic circuits + power + water = disaster.  If you take power or water out of the equation all is great.

I will make one correction to the above poster's comments.  Don't bother "turning the power off" when something like this happens.   Just get the battery out NOW!  Don't press ANYTHING!  Get the battery out and either disassemble the device and dry it out completely or give it several days to dry out.

Some of the suggestions above do work...the rice, a frost free freezer, etc.  However, you still need to give the device a few days before attempting to power it back up.  Also, the battery can be damaged by the water as well and I've seen them not even boot the device after they've gotten wet but then after a few days they will work again.

Reading your post, you may have damaged your device more by trying to get it to work too soon than if you would have just set it aside and left it. 

Give it a few days following the instructions above and then try and reload the OS to the device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9630 tour
My Carrier: sprint

Hi,

My blackberry got the reload software: 552 message today and this website actually explained it best with step by step instructions and screen shots to guide you. I recommend it to anyone who receives this message. I also saved it under my favorites just in case i receive this error again in the future.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry?page=6

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: XL

how to format it?

My Device: blackberry 9630
My Carrier: verizon

how did u do this i have the same stupid problem and i still dont know how to do it how did u format it  Smiley Surprised pls answer me asap

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

No formatting is required. Below is what you should do & it should work.

1. Download the latest Device software from your service provider, using below link
           http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
2. Install the device software into your PC
3. Remove the Battery from your Blackberry smartphone and connect it to the PC, through USB
4. Launch Blackberry Desk Top Manager
5. On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader
6. In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
7. You should see data transfer icon (2 computers talking) on your smartphone
8. Application loader will stop after sometime and displays message saying "waiting for device response"
9. At this point insert the battery back into the smartphone
10. Software installation will continue
11. Once the installation is complete, your device is ready to use

Cheers!