Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

REM extension file

Hi!

My sister sent me a .pdf file last night and I was planning to convert it to word using my pc, but I'm unable to since the file's extension is .pdf.rem.

I tried looking for a converter online but I am unable to. I'd like to ask how and why the file got an .rem extension. And how do I remove it?

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: REM extension file

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Only the specific BB device that encrypted the file can decrypt it...you need to ask your sister to first decrypt it and then resend it to you.

Unless...you did not say, but can you open it as a PDF? If so, then the .rem is merely a filename extension, which you can simply change and rename to .pdf.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: RIM

How can I decrypt it on BB 9810 and it was encrypted on the same device.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sikhumalo wrote:
How can I decrypt it on BB 9810 and it was encrypted on the same device.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Knowing nothing more than those few words, all there can be are wild (not even targeted) guesses. Start with this KB and see if it explains your situation:

• KB25484Expectations when encryption is enabled for a media card in a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................