Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

(REQUEST) Change the way numbers for contacts are inputted

This is a huge pet peeve of mine with blackberry phones, I appreciate how now during the dial screen the phone automatically adds the brackets () around the area code and the dash after the third digit. Now why haven't they included this when saving numbers to contacts? It will make it that much easier to read a number to someone else or if I'm trying to write down that number somewhere than to just read a bunch of digits 9057859966 vs (905) 785-9966.

I wasn't sure where to post this but I hope for the love of helping BlackBerry bounce back this is considered as I cannot see ANYBODY complaining about this small update to make the blackberry more userfriendly.

I hope with Thornstein building a great product that is simple is also a part of his vision (hence Apple's success).

Regards,

LS 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: (REQUEST) Change the way numbers for contacts are inputted

Unfortunately, the new formatting of adding parentheses around the area code prevents my Call Blocker Professional app from recognizing the incoming area code and no longer works right :-(