Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

RIM, PLEASE make CLEAR ringtones!

[ Edited ]

I'm hoping they read these forums...will you guys PLEASE take the time to create ringtones that are preinstalled on the phones CLEAR and WITHOUT HISS in the background?  You charge up to $500.00 for your top model phones but then put poor quality ringtones on the phones (when I say poor quality I'm referring to the ringtones not being clear-hissing AND/OR static in the background.  I've had the problem on the previous Curve (8320) and now on the new Curve (8900).  It's really ashame you make such nice phones but throw on poor quality ringtones onto the phone.  Is it really that hard to put clear tones on the devices?

Also my Curve 8900's keytone sounds (when dialing a phone number) sounds horrible!  You hear the audio tones of the keys but then hear a lot of hissing/static in the background)....unbelievable!  I was worried it was just my device and I tried it out on 2 other 8900's and they both did it as well.  I tested out my old Curve (8320) and it doesn't do it on that phone.  Please stop being tacky and put the same amount of care you put into everything else and give us clear tones already!

Message Edited by Scottcarterwals on 02-13-2009 09:21 AM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: RIM, PLEASE make CLEAR ringtones!

hello,

did you read the text that is on top of every discussion list on this forum ?

These forums are a peer-to-peer support
channel in which users help other users. While Research In Motion Limited
will participate from time to time, please visit the Support
& Services
tab to access direct support options that may be
available to you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

[ Edited ]
I guess you told me lol.  Sorry I didn't see that but I did try to contact RIM directly but it seems I have to pay...I'm not paying to give a suggestion lol.
Message Edited by Scottcarterwals on 02-16-2009 12:22 AM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

To answer your questions... the ringtones & wallpapers bundled with your device are just features. Some people don't have them at all. Some uninstall them too. It's the same for the video demo.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: