Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: RIM still not ready for Office 2010?

[ Edited ]

I'm in the exact same boa as alex30820t. Fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit (couldn't stand Vista) and a download of Outlook 2010 stand-alone. I downloaded Desktop Manager 6 from RIM's website.

My contacts only partially sync to Outlook from my BlackBerry. Out of 312 total contacts on my 'Berry only 15 or so transferred over to Outlook. I tried the sync as two-way at first, then retried it one way, from BB to Outlook. An additional 10 contacts came through as "suggested contacts", with no names or phone numbers - only email addresses.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]

In Outlook 2010, right click on the "Suggested Contacts" folder to view its properties and turn off the check box "Use As Outlook Address Book."  This won't affect the functionality of the Suggested Contacts folder but the sync software should no longer see it as an address book to be sync'ed.

My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Don't be scared.  I located an a software company that has a wireless blackberry sync for both Outlook 2010 32Bit and 64Bit.  They are located in Torrance, CA and have been around for 20 years.  I have had their sync for a few weeks now and had no problems.  There web site is www.oawireless.com.  

I understand your frustration, I almost went out and bought an I-Phone.  However, I am addicted to the BlackBerry reliablity for email and texting.  Plus I just purchased the Storm two months ago.  I am hoping RIM starts to step it up.  It seems like they are falling behind. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Know how you feel. I just moved to the 9700 in August.  I called my service provider in Canada (Rogers) and got told by one person I was out of luck and later told that they had talked to Blackberry and I could pay for their help through their service desk to fix the lack of compatibility. Nice scam if you can get it.  But this person was wrong and there is no solution but to revert to old software or, like me, wait 3 more months and they allow me to "upgrade" (Rogers expression not mine) to an Apple that can actually connect to Office.  Their other solution was to type in all my new contacts and appointments in both my blackberry and my laptop.  Now that's efficient.  

I did suggest to my service provider that they issue a warning to anyone thinking of "upgrading" to Office 2010 (or 2011 for Macs) that compatibility is not there if they own a blackberry.