Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers/Fido

Radio on but no Network?? Help!

So, this is my second Blackberry Bold 9000. Originally locked to Rogers Wireless but I have unlocked it so I can use it with Fido. I am not entirely sure if it has anything to do with it being locked/unlocked however, I've been extremely frustrated with the signals and radio faulty issues.

Here's the problem: The radio levels (top right corner) says I have full bars up however, it has no network in the middle (where it usually indicates which carrier you're on).  Not only I get this often but, I also have times where the phone is still searching for a network, very often I must say.

Anyone has any clues as to why this happens? Is it the unlocking? Or is it the hardware itself? I'm going nuts because I can't get calls/txt msgs or they go missing because of these failures. I want to get the 9700 but I'm scared that I'll be spending more money on it and be forced to come across the same issue again. Help!!! Thank you.

Visitor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: bell canada

Re: Radio on but no Network?? Help!

HI FRIEND.

Did u tried with other sime cards with other network provider???????