Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Rapid switching from handset to headset.

My Bold 9700 all of a sudden started rapidly switching from handset to headset which makes it impossible to make or receive  a call since you can't hear.  You can hear it doing the same thing even when you're typing in a phone number....is there a fix? I have tried battery pulls etc....

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Rapid switching from handset to headset.

This is a problem with the headset jack.  I would try inserting and removing the headset multiple (lots of multiple!) times to see if it will fix itself.  If it doesn't, then you'll need to have the device replaced. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Visitor
My Device: Blackberyy Bold 9700
My Carrier: AIS

Any update on this issue?

I have the same problem. Fiddling with the headphone jack solves the problem but only temporarily.

The constant switching between handset to headphone makes it impossible to make or receive calls Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Just got around to trying the fix of inserting the headphone jack multiple times (multiple!) and it worked.  I have not had this problem again, as of yet.

Thanks!!!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

I had this same issue a while ago... found a suggestion to use compressed air to clean the headphone jack.... so i used my vacuum cleaner to blow into the headphone jack... then i plugged in the headphone and removed it again... now this rapid switching from handset to headset is stopped for now ! Thank god ! 

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: KPN

I had this problem twice, it indeed has to do with the dust it collects. The way i've solved it is to strip off excess cotton from a cotton cloth earcleaner, then make it wet a little. Make sure you have the cloth tightly around the stick itselve, so you can't accidentally leave any cotton behind in the input.

Then just stick it on, rotate it a few times, take it out. Now it should be completely clean again.

It solved the problem twice for me already.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: zong pakistan

My Z10 also have the same problem I try air pressure through mouth it works for almost 5 minutes after that the problem remain there again Smiley Sad