Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Re: Blackberry storm unknown symbol

i have a symbol that is a black circle with an arrow pointing diagonly down and to the left with a red star in the upper right corner? does anybody know what this is for?
Visitor

I have the same symbol and mine has a 1 next to it.  I am assuming I have some kind of new message or alert but I have searched the whole phone and cannot figure out what it is.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

I have the same symbol and it is driving me insane. I thought that I have looked through everything but obviously I'm missing something.
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Brandt1303 wrote:
i have a symbol that is a black circle with an arrow pointing diagonly down and to the left with a red star in the upper right corner? does anybody know what this is for?

This indicates that you have an application you download from App World that is calling for an upgrade.

It could be AppWorld itself needing the upgrade (new version 1.1.0.15 available last Friday). Many users have found that Viigo needed the upgrade.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank-you.  That is what I thought it was.  I did the upgrade/download and then rebooted, after I did all of that is when the symbol showed up. 

For AppWorld   my status is:           Downgrade

installed version is:  1.1.0.15

new version is:        1.0.0.30

What does this mean?  Why is my status not "installed"?

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 v4.7.0.148

The reason the update symbol is still there is because you have to delete the message(s) in your Message Folder..from the main screen go to messages and find the messages showing the circle with an arrow symbol. Delete or open those messages
New Contributor

I had nothing in my message folder....but, I did do a Hard Reboot and that got rid of the symbol.  Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 AT&T v4.6.0.167

JSanders, 

Thanks for the screen shot.  The same symbol appeared on my BB earlier today; so naturally I got on this fourm and immediatly started searching for answers.  Your screen shot helped me to immediatly identify that this posting contained the correct solution to my problem.

cpruyne,

Thank you for describing how to remove the icon from my device.  As soon as I opened my Messages folder, both notices were clearly visable.  Once i deleted them both, the update icon was gone.

Thanks Guys!

I have left you both Kudos for a job well done!

Hi,

I have a Storm 2 and i have a small round orange symbol with the number 1 next to it just under the date on the home screen; I can’t seem to find what this means in the book can anybody help?

Many thanks.

Else

New Contributor

This was a PERFECT solution.  I was going nuts trying to figure out what it was.  Thanks.  Kudos awarded.