Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Re: Lock Key /Standby Key buttons

Hello,

I have just bought and used the torch 9800 for a week. Great Phone, love the new OS but one thing that really frustrates me and this happened with the 9700 bold but now this is even more frustrating. 

After I put the phone in my pocket while locked by pressing the top left button, bringing the phone back out shows all the random jibberish that I might of pressed as it was unlocked. 

the lock button is way too sensitive even worse than the 9700. 

OK, fine, so I'll use the password lock feature. however I am even more wary and scared in this mode as there is an  EMERGENCY button and I wouldn't want to be seeing firemen or policemen giving me the business. 

Are there any ways around this ? like use the lock button to lock, but when unlocking, you woulnd need a swipe or something not too fussy to unlock the phone. 

I don't want to make random calls or messages or calling the police when it is totally not intended. I love my pocket and I would like my torch to stay there safely.

Please email me or reply for a fix for this only frustrating problem I have with the Torch.

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Lock Key /Standby Key buttons

There are a number of free and paid options. For the occasions when I want to pocket my Torch, I use BerrySlider (paid). It unlocks with a swipe. It isn't, however activated by the lock button. I have set it up as a double-tap on the mute key (via another really cool app (VersaTool. This combo does the trick for me.