Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re-Registering a Handset

I have been given a Blackberry 8820 by my Daughter-in-Law, who has Unlocked it.  I cannot use it with my Vodafone account because it needs to be re-registered.  How can I do this , please?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Reregistering a Handset

I think we need more information to help. Do you have a Vodafone SIM card in the device right now? Try going to Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. If you have a bold Vodafone entry in that screen, hit the menu key of it and select Register Now. Even if that screen is empty hit the menu key and select Register Now. That should send a message from Vodafone to the BlackBerry
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Re-Registering a Handset

Did you subscribed for BlackBerry data plan? For getting full access to BlackBerry device features you need to have BlackBerry data plan from Vidafone. Having Internet data plan will not make entitle to use all the BlackBerry device features. It communicates through a special APN called blackberry.net.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit