Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Tell us your story

You fanboys are wrong. Here is the link RIM confirms BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 bricking problems, working on a fix : eCell Phon. The fact is that the phones are totally unreliable like everything rim does. I bought a 9930 from verizon 2 months ago. It worked "spot on" like you fanboys claim. It is a "world" phone. Then I went on a cruise to the Caribbean and told everyone to text me at will, just don't call due to expense. 1 day into the cruise the phone crashed. I was without a phone for 7 days while people were probably texting me. I got back yesterday and asked Verizon for another phone. They told me it would be 5 days unless I paid to expedite it. I left the phone there. Verizon denied that the phones were defective and when I pointed out that it was on the web, the rude manager at the Pine Ridge Naples Florida store replied that "you can find anything on the web, because you are using a search engine." Verizon continues is rude and atrocious in store service. Rim continues issuing defective products. Fanboys keep trying to prop up this phone company when it is one of the worst phone companies ever created. Worse than Nokia, motorola, htc and whoever makes droid. I have been without a phone for 12 days before my next 9930 arrives. I am writing a complaint to verizon asking to buy any other phone they will sell me. IF that doesn't work, I am going back to sprint and buying an iphone or a droid. Now on an emergency basis, I am using a trac phone that works better than the blackberry although more limited. I will never never never buy another Rim Product. Yes, they are seen in a bad light, but for bunch of very good reasons.

James Daniels
jdnaples@mac.com
Naples Florida
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

James, you dealing with some snotty-nosed kid at a Verizon store, probably with a Driod in his pocket.

Call Verizon Tech Support and explain the same problem.

Meanwhile, your fanboi comments are insulting for those of us willing and kind enough to help users get the best of their device. Go read my posts here, I don't think you could classify me as your fanboi, I call 'em as I see 'em.

And so what if there are fanbois? I'm sure someone loves you too.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: verizon

[ Edited ]

First, let me apologize for any comments that were insulting to you.  I was pretty angry at the time, but you do not know whether I was dealing with a snotty nose kid or not.  

Anyway, Verizzon sent me a replacement and within days part of the trackpad button peeled off.  After that, it was even with the phone surface an pretty unusable.  I bought an iphone 4s from ebay and tried using it.  Unfortunately, I cannot use one.  I need the led, always working alarms, and other business products on my phone like todo matrix.  However, the quality of the phone is far superior than that of Blackberry.  I am just not into games like "Angry Birds"  I only play one game, and it is chess.

However, there is an app for iphone that you speak an appointment to and it goes right in your calender on the right day.  I tried to find one for Blackberry, and ended up buying Personal Voice Assistant- MultipleTask Re,omders amd cistp,ozed vpoce alarms and alerts for  $2.99.  It worked for two days and then told me my "automatic password update" did not work. I tried to buy it again, but everytime I did I ended up at the Blackberry World App Store with the only options to either delete and then reinstall.  It knew I bought it so it wouldnot let me buy it again.  I have written to the company about 10 times.  I switches phones to another blackberry and back to my current 9930 (left it home)and it gave me the opportunity to buy it.  I put a couple of appointments in it and the next day it said my password would not update.  It gives the option to put your id in and it will look up your password, but it says there is no record of my purchasing it.  

So I searched my computer and found the purchase reciept and sent it to them.  They said "thank you for writing.  please go to www.getempower.com and click on support to log my support ticket.  I tried that but could not find a support link.  i have writtin and written and writtne and lost about 5 appointments.

Last time I tried to update my passwordI noticed they added this paragraph before app world id:

There is nothing to worry.  This happens rarely when there is a communication failure between the license server and order processor at the time of purchase.

But, as noted above, I have purchased it twice on the same phone.  I have sent the order receipt to them.  They never write back, they offer no support and even it it worked now, how could I trust it.  To me. this is blackberry land.

A key business app that won't work, whose company won't respond, and that is totally unreliable like just about everything on blackberry.

See, I am a blackberry fan, but it is impossible to deal with them.  Moreoever, everytime I think I can, they slap me in the face.  I am 68.  I practice law for 12 years, have an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, and graduate work in math.  I have been a math professor at my college for 20 years, president of the faculty senate etc.

I know this is 2012.  I had a computer in my law office in 1988.  Why the public settles for computers that need constant tech support and Blackberry phones that require experts like you to fix a $2.99 app, that has track pads that fail in a few months, bricking problems and on and on is beyond me.  I hate it.  How I support blackberry and not be angry when I can't even find an effective way to complain to Ajani Infotech private limited.

Purchase Receipt
The following is a summary of your order. Please use this as proof of your purchase.

Billed To:
jdnaples@me.com
1300 misty PINES 
D102,FL-34105
United States
Order Details
Order Number: <removed>
Order Date: September 11, 2012
Order Total: (USD) 2.99

Item Name
Vendor
Price

Personal Voice Assistant - Multiple Task Reminders and Customized Voice Alarms and Alerts with Voice Recorder
Ajani InfoTech Private Limited
Support Email:support@getempower.com
(USD) 2.99

Tax    (USD) 0.00  

Total   
(USD) 2.99

For support with the BlackBerry App World™ client, please visit Support.

Sold By Digital River, Inc. ("DR")

Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved | Legal | Privacy | Refunds

EDIT: Personal Information such as order # is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GoodRe: Tell us your story

Good luck, JD. I wish I could help you. We're users just like you, no different.

I never meant you disrespect, but you might should know that the term "fanboi" can be used disrespectfully and often is. I like BlackBerry also, and I like to help users with information and experience I have, where I can. I don't like dealing with whiners and people here only to deride BlackBerry.

I own my own business, also. I do this in my own time, early in the day with my coffee and later when I am making phone calls, etc.,

I know GetEmpower.com has had a good reputation in the past. I can't speak for them,  At the link you posted, there is an obvious "Support" link, I see it easily.

here:  http://www.getempower.com/contact.php

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code