Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 02

Re: Torch Plastic Manufacturing

Hi,

I am interested to know the type of plastic that is used to manufacture the casing of a Blackberry torch. And why this platics is used as opposed to other plastics.

I am a 4th year Mechanical Engineering student and this information would be very useful for a project.

Anyone know?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry I don't know.
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Seeing how RIM is based in canada, they likely filed both Canadian and US patent which divuldge product specifications in great scrutiny. 

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr00001.html?OpenDocument

I would start there or the US patent office. It's all accessible to the public, likely for a fee.

Jakoby4204                                                                                                 New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png   CG2.png
My Device: nwe model
My Carrier: blackberry

I think it os made up of polymer so that it can be heat and water resistant and be long lasting.