Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9000 bold

Re post for reply - Saved message for back up

I have a long journey. BB with 16MB on application memory will not be sufficient for my emails and attachments. I am thinking to save important emails to "Saved Messages" in Application folder and then back up the "saved message" into my Back up and Restore folder in the Desk top manager. I go to Advance option and look for device data base. But the "Saved Messages" are dimmed.

At the manuel, it says " If the database that you are trying to restore appears dimmed in the Device Databases section and the right arrow icon is not available, verify that a version of the database exists on your BlackBerry® device. "

I assume that the Saved message is already stored somewhere in the blackberry as back up.

Does it mean it still store in Saved message file in the application folder? If this is the case, it still takes up memory of the total 16MB application memory. Or it is stored in some other spots - device memory or media card, where could I retrieve it?

Thank you.