Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Read Messages Marked as Unread

I am in charge of my company's BlackBerry Enterprise server.  Several of the users, myself included, have configed our BlackBerry decives (from Storm to Bold to World editions) to access our personal e-mail accounts as well as our corporate accounts.  I have noticed that when I receive a message on my Netscape account on the BB and read it on the BB before loging into my account on my PC the message will be marked as read on both the BB and the internet account.  But if I read it on the internet first and then check my BB it is still listed as unread on the BB.  Does anyone know why that is?

Rob

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Read Messages Marked as Unread

Hi there!

If you are routing this personal email through your BES, then you control what it does. But, more likely, you are using BIS for these email conduits...in which case this KB applies:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................